We all know that McAfee is one of the prominent antivirus software that completely blocks the virus invasion to your devices so that your devices are not virus-infected and the processor works fine. However, there are times when you need to uninstall or delete the McAfee software. There might be issues like you have installed the corrupted McAfee file, the McAfee software is outdated and much like that. If you wish to uninstall the McAfee software then this article will help you right away. Let us begin and understand how to uninstall McAfee on Windows and Mac. So, let us begin!
How to delete Mcafee in Windows 10?
- You need to type the “Settings” in the Windows search box and select the option labeled as “Settings”.
- Under the “Windows” settings, tap on the “Apps”.
- Just type the McAfee in the search box and tap on the McAfee product that you wish to remove.
- Select the “Uninstall” button.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” option again to confirm that you want to remove it.
- Once the Windows gets uninstalled the software, tap on the “Settings” window.
- Just restart the computer and make the program is uninstalled.
How to delete McAfee in Windows 8?
- Click on the “Start” option or tap on the “Windows” key to use the programs on the computer.
- Right-click on the McAfee product that you wish to remove and tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- Go to the “Programs and Features” window and select the McAfee product that you wish to remove.
- Tap on the “Uninstall/Change” button.
- Just select the “Uninstall” option again to confirm that you want to delete McAfee software.
- The windows will request your permission to the “Continue” option.
- Wait for the permission to continue and proceed to uninstall.
- Restart the computer and make sure the program was uninstalled.
How to delete McAfee in Windows 7?
- Start the process by tapping on the “Start” button on the desktop.
- Now, tap on the “Control panel” option.
- Followed by the second step, you need to click on the “Add or remove programs” option
- Just select the McAfee product that you wish to remove.
- Tap on the “Add/ Remove” option.
- Click on the “Remove” option.
- Now, confirm that you wish to proceed if the uninstall process is completed or not.
How to delete McAfee in Windows using the McAfee Removal Tool?
- First of all, you need to download the MCPR tool from the McAfee website.
- Double-tap on the MCPR.exe once the download is completed.
- Tap on the “Yes, Continue” option.
- If the security warning appears on the screen, just tap on the “Run” option.
- You need to select the “Next” option on the McAfee software removal screen.
- Just select the “Agree” option on the End-user license agreement page.
- Type the characters on the Security validation screen and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Wait for the tool to delete or remove the software.
- Just select the “Restart” option once you see the message that says “Removal complete”.
How to Uninstall McAfee from the Mac device?
- The first and foremost step is to find and open the “Apps” folder in the dock from the “Finder” window.
- Now, open the McAfee Internet security Uninstaller app.
- Just tap on the “Uninstall SiteAdvisor” box to remove the McAfee browser add ons.
- Tap on the “Continue” option.
- You have to enter the admin password and select the “OK” option.
- Just select the “Finish” option once the process to uninstall is completed.
We hope with the help of the steps that are discussed here you are able to learn how to delete McAfee. However, if you are still unable to process the steps then we recommend you to visit the official website to use and manage McAfee or you can get in touch with the Customer support team.